Thursday, October 2, 2014

Time; stop (or just fast forward to the part where it gets better, either will work really)

I'm not ready for this
                      for any of this

how can I decide who represents me
when I'm just beginning to represent myself?

I've put my pieces across too many places
and people
and any other nouns to think of
and I don't have time to gather them up again
before they take off with the pieces of me
and potentially to never again see

you're asking me to visit paris
                 but I just want to live here
even if just for a few years
                                                                 a week or two won't satisfy me completely.


I have yet to thank
                        (or apologize)
to everyone who made a difference in me
(and who I never should have made a difference in)

                                  y'know, father time, you're a disappointment
                         and you fail at being a father
                   because you won't stop and listen
              or let me reason
        but I guess I can't expect so much when there are the prodigies to worry about
     so I'll tuck myself in tonight
   and you can spoil the lucky ones.



I just wanted you to give me my time to shine....

4 comments:

  1. "Because you won't stop and listen"
    This line was really cool and hit home with me. I liked this a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The I'll tuck myself in bed tonight part was my fav

    ReplyDelete
  3. " so I'll tuck myself in tonight
    and you can spoil the lucky ones."

    Looooove it.

    ReplyDelete