Sunday, September 28, 2014

Brick by Brick

It's not so easy to finish things just like that.  You have to go one step at a time before reaching your goal, which is something that people forget.  It's a bad thing to forget.  If we forget that we can't do things all at once or on the first try, we'll give up on the things we want to do.  Well, it's something I've done anyway, and I can't be alone.

I asked over and over for lessons.  Finally my mom signed me up.  The first brick.  I went every week, getting more and more bricks to build the stairs up to get better and better.  My teacher moved to a different state.  The brick stairs to piano expertise came crumbling down. 

I'm trying to learn piano again, but it's harder to build with real bricks than the Lego bricks that the childhood me was able to use.

1 comment:

  1. "it's harder to build with real bricks than the Lego bricks that the childhood me was able to use." So true. Great post! :)

    ReplyDelete