Sunday, September 21, 2014

Love is Fiction

Love is a construct.
It has no physical bearing in what we call "the real world"
there is no way to touch it
yet the only way to know love is by feeling it.

Love and I
we don't get along so easily.
We often bicker about who is right
and who I care to share it all with.
My ups and downs
my problems
my habits that I want to get rid
and the ones that I wish I hadn't.

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgVu2mpM-FQ9zZAIq2Bo2Q3PNlbWSXKt6Ie_jizgwstTMgE-cs5FnIR91f-dJGcEp5KgNWzMht4BgjIu9ABXSvDVw8A0gvDSVuOj25coePAA1SNq_K1alnKI-UocHbSKCj1B4yvqpB5FXUU/s1600/Hands-Volleyball.jpg

My experience with relationships
are limited to two
and both of which ended of my own accord
so what do I know about love?

Love isn't exclusive to one.
Love can be in many things.
I love my friends
my family (most of the time)
my hobbies
the scent of rain
someone calling me by name
and singing at the top of my lungs in the car.

I love being able to lay down
with no stress bearing down on me.
Listening to a new favorite song for the first time
or watching my friends and seeing what it is
that they are passionate about.
http://favim.com/orig/201105/09/6x6-alone-art-beautiful-beauty-clouds-Favim.com-38974.jpg
Never before did I feel love
but I know that's different now.

Everyone has their reasons
and excuses and their
corny, cheesy love notes;
but I have solid proof.

I know that I understand love
because now I'm actually happy
seeing the face in the mirror.
 https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5487/11506908553_45730cb472_n.jpg

1 comment: