Sunday, September 7, 2014

Color/Colour

The winters that didn't withhold color in snow,
or drown out my happiness in feeling of cold.
The time when I would look forward to school,
and play with my friends with absolutely no rules.
The palm trees that year-round lined the streets,
and the lines in the summer air from radiated heat.
When I could speak my mind and not feel mocked or alone,
be who I was with no feeling of being looked down upon.
I want the times to come back when I was young,
before I had decided that people were stupid and dumb.
When I could have a meaningful conversation with my mother,
without feeling like I've become some kind of monster.
I want to go back to when people told me to continue my drawing,
rather than pointing and laughing and constantly mocking.

The time that I speak isn't just a few years ago,
because my crayons have been laughed at
since this town became my "home"

No comments:

Post a Comment